10 Quotes from Donald Trump on the Media
The media has always played a crucial role in shaping people’s opinion, and Donald Trump was not the first president to have a strained relationship with the press. However, Trump’s relationship with the media has been particularly contentious. Here are ten of his most memorable quotes on the media:
1. “The fake news media is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people.”
This quote, made in 2017, caused a furor among journalists who felt that it was an attack on the freedom of the press.
2. “Despite what you hear in the press, healthcare is coming along great.”
During a press conference in 2018, Trump expressed his confidence in his healthcare plan by dismissing the negative reports in the media.
3. “The media is the most dishonest group of people I have ever met.”
Trump has attacked the media many times, and this quote is just one example of his disdain for journalists.
4. “I have never seen more dishonest media than, frankly, the political media.”
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump famously dubbed the press as “the enemy of the people” and accused them of being biased against him.
5. “I think the media is the opposition party in many ways.”
Trump has often referred to the mainstream media as the opposition party, accusing them of being against him and his agenda.
6. “What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.”
In 2018, Trump made this statement during a rally, calling into question the credibility of the media and their ability to report accurately.
7. “The press is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.”
Trump has often accused the media of being dishonest and misleading the public.
8. “They just don’t get it, but they’re starting to get it.”
At a 2018 rally, Trump suggested that the media was finally realizing that he was right and that their negative reporting was misguided.
9. “The fake news media is going crazy.”
Trump has often used the term “fake news” to describe negative stories about himself, dismissing them as untrue and biased.
10. “I have nothing against the media. They’ve got to get their act together.”
In a 2017 interview, Trump said that he had nothing against the media as long as they reported accurately and fairly.
In conclusion, Trump has never shied away from criticizing the media, and these quotes are just some examples of his disdain for journalists. While it is important to hold the media accountable for their reporting, it is also crucial to defend the freedom of the press and their vital role in a democracy.
Table of Contents