10 Outrageous Quotes from Donald Trump
Donald Trump, the former President of the United States, is known for his controversial remarks and tweets. Over the years, he has made many headlines for his outrageous quotes that have sparked controversy and backlash. Here are ten of his most shocking quotes:
1. “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.”
This quote made headlines during Trump’s campaign trail in 2016. It was seen as a threatening and boastful statement that suggested his followers’ unwavering loyalty.
2. “Grab ’em by the p***y. You can do anything.”
This quote from a 2005 recording of Trump speaking with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush shocked the world. It led to widespread condemnation from both sides of the political spectrum.
3. “I think Islam hates us.”
In a CNN interview in 2016, Trump made the comment that “Islam hates us,” which was perceived as insensitive and Islamophobic by many people.
4. “We will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and we will make Mexico pay for that wall.”
This promise became a rallying cry for Trump’s supporters during the 2016 election. It was later revealed that Mexico had no intention of paying for the wall, and the project remained incomplete even after Trump left office.
5. “I have a much bigger and more powerful nuclear button than Kim Jong-un.”
Trump’s tweet in 2018 referring to the North Korean leader sparked fears of a nuclear conflict. The tweet was widely condemned for its recklessness and disregard for international diplomacy.
6. “I have tremendous respect for women.”
Despite the many instances of Trump’s derogatory remarks towards women, he made this statement in a 2016 presidential debate. It was seen as a disingenuous claim that failed to acknowledge his past sexist comments.
7. “I’m the least racist person you’ll ever meet.”
This statement, which Trump has made on multiple occasions, has been widely disputed by many people. Critics point to his history of racist comments and policies, such as his push for a travel ban on Muslim-majority countries.
8. “My IQ is one of the highest – and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”
Trump’s ego is widely known, and this quote from a Twitter post in 2013 is a testament to that. It was seen as arrogant and condescending towards his followers.
9. “I don’t think science knows, actually.”
In a 2016 interview, Trump expressed skepticism towards climate change, saying, “I don’t think science knows, actually.” This statement was widely criticized by scientists and environmentalists, who viewed it as an ignorant or dangerous stance on a pressing global issue.
10. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”
Trump’s comments about Mexican immigrants during his announcement of his presidential bid in 2015 sparked widespread outrage. Many people viewed the remark as prejudiced and xenophobic.
In conclusion, these ten quotes from Donald Trump have caused controversy and raised concerns from people worldwide. Whether you agree with him or not, it is important to remember that words matter, and leaders should be held accountable for their statements.